This meal was created off the top of my head and it was a great one!
Whole Wheat Pasta Shells with Spinach, Roasted Tomatoes, Artichokes, & Chicken in a White Wine Reduction.
- Whole Wheat Medium Pasta Shells
- Can of Artichoke Hearts (in water)
- Grape/Cherry Tomatoes
- White Wine
- Dried Basil & Parsley
- Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash & cut tomatoes in half. Place on baking sheet and toss with a little olive oil and kosher salt. Place in oven until tomatoes are juicing–10/15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a deep saucepan, saute olive oil & garlic. Saute sliced pieces of chicken in pan (seasoned with salt & pepper). Once the chicken is cooked through, add some wine (1/2 cup?). The heat should be on pretty high at this point.
- Add the roasted tomatoes, chopped artichokes, parmesan cheese (about a handful) & dried parsley & basil to the pan. Allow to cook for a little bit…10 minutes or so. Add handfuls of spinach and place lid on pan to allow the spinach to wilt down.
- In a seperate pot, boil water. Add salt & the pasta shells. Cook as directed by the package.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain the pasta and place the pasta back in pot. Add the mixture from the pan and mix all around.
- Serve and top with parmesan cheese if desired!