Tonight I have finally decided to try out a recipe I have been wanting to try for a while now. My sister, Christina, made this a couple of months ago and has been raving about it ever since. She originally got the recipe from Meg over at Be Fit. Be Full. This is such a simple, delicious recipe. You can make it in much less than a half an hour.
Whole Wheat Rotini with Sweet Potatoes and Ricotta Cheese
- 6 oz. pasta (I used Rotini)
- 1 Tbl. Olive Oil
- 1 small sweet potato cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Kosher salt & black pepper
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 Tbl fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 1/8 cup grated parm
- 1/8 cup ricotta ( I used part-skim)
- **I also threw in some spinach**
- Cook pasta according to directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-heat. Add the potatoes, 3/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Add the shallots and rosemary and cook until the potatoes are tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the potato mixture, parmesan, and the reserved cooking water. Dollop with the ricotta before serving.
While I did LOVE this pasta dish, I think I enjoyed a similar dish I made earlier this fall a BIT better…the Fusilli Pasta with Roasted Pumpkin & Plum Tomatoes. No worries, though, this was still delicious and I will be making it again and again! Thanks Christina & Meg! 😛