Bread is definitely one of my favorite foods. Last year I found this recipe for Whole Wheat Banana Bread. This recipe comes out really great. I really love this bread with a spread of peanut butter.
Whole Wheat Banana Bread (Makes 2 Loaves)
4 medium, ripe bananas (mashed)
1 cup Plain non-fat yogurt (I used Stonyfield)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup raisins
2 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) spray loaf pans (8.5 x 4.5 x 2.5)
3) Mix dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
4) Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until blended. (Do not over mix)
5) Bake for 50 minutes
6) Cool in pans on wire rack for 5-8 minutes.
7) Remove from pans and cool completely.
What is your favorite type of bread? What recipe do you normally follow for banana bread?
It’s pretty hard to name my favorite type of bread. I love it all….multigrain, whole wheat, banana, pumpkin, raisin-walnut… to name a few.