Since I haven’t updated in forever, I will quickly recap some cool things that have been happening in my life…
- The Flyers made it to the Stanley Cup Finals for the first time since 1997. For those of you who don’t know, they are playing the Chicago Blackhawks. After losing 2 games to the Blackhawks on the road, the Flyers won last night in Philadelphia…so now the Flyers trail in the series 2-1. They play again on Friday in Philadelphia and it will be a HUGE game…wish I was going!
Oh yeah…Todd and his friend actually designed the shirt that Todd is wearing in that picture. It’s a Phillie Phanatic & Flyers mix. Pretty cool!
What else have I been up to?
- My sister and I made some homemade Brownies that turned out amazing. Usually, I use boxed mix to make brownies, but making them from scratch was almost as easy and they taste so much better.
Click here for the recipe!! I loved these. They were rich, gooey, and not cakey…just how I like them.
- Played on the beach with Andie & Bradley…
- Ran the Kenny Wayland Memorial 10k Race with my sister.
The race was a lot of fun. To tell you the truth I was really not up for running that morning. I did not really feel great the entire race and wanted it to end as quickly as possible…I’m sure you can tell by the expression on my face in the picture above…haha. Regardless, my sister and I did very well in the race. I finished in 45:41. I won first place in my age group 19-29 and 17th out of 163 runners. My sister finished in 45:56. She won second in our age group 19-29 and 19th overall out of 163 runners. Last year I ran this same race in 44:16 which is considerably faster than I ran it this year.
- Rode my bike. Here is a picture on top of the Ocean City bridge when I rode from Margate to the end of Ocean City.
Speaking of bikes, I have been looking into buying a road bike. Although they are expensive, I do have money that I have been saving. I went to the shop last week and they are ordering a bunch of Fuji’s that I am going to go look at when they come in…hopefully this weekend. The owner of the store is pretty awesome and my friend Nick is real good friends with him since that is where he got his bike and he does the group rides there. He is cutting me a pretty awesome deal on the bike so I am looking forward to it!
Hope you are enjoying this hot weather!
One week from today is my birthday!!!