So, I said I had a recipe with Crab Meat and Avocado…so, here it is! I found this recipe as I was perusing a Food & Wine Magazine. So glad that I tried it out!
Chile-Lime Crab Salad with Tomato and Avocado
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used Canola Oil)
- 1 tablespoon very finely chopped jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, plus cilantro leaves for garnish
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh jumbo lump crab meat, picked over
- 2 Avocados, diced (1/2 inch)
- 1/3 cup red onion, minced
- 1 large heirloom tomato, cut into four 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice with the olive oil, vegetable oil, jalapeño, chopped cilantro, honey and garlic. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, toss the crab with 3 tablespoons of the dressing and season with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, gently toss the avocado with the red onion and 2 tablespoons of the dressing; season with salt and pepper.
- Place a tomato slice on each plate and season with salt. Top with the avocado and the crab and garnish with the cilantro. Drizzle the remaining dressing on top and serve with tortilla chips.
What is your favorite way to enjoy crab meat?