Bread is definitely one of my favorite foods. Last year I found this recipe for Whole Wheat Banana Bread. This recipe comes out really great. I really love this bread with a spread of peanut butter.
Whole Wheat Banana Bread (Makes 2 Loaves)
4 medium, ripe bananas (mashed)
1 cup Plain non-fat yogurt (I used Stonyfield)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup raisins
2 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) spray loaf pans (8.5 x 4.5 x 2.5)
3) Mix dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
4) Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until blended. (Do not over mix)
5) Bake for 50 minutes
6) Cool in pans on wire rack for 5-8 minutes.
7) Remove from pans and cool completely.