I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. This year is the first year that my family went out for Thanksgiving. My Mom normally invites my family over and cooks for everyone. This fall has been really busy for my Mom and she just wasn’t feeling up to it. I don’t blame her. Dinner ended up being a really fun time. We went to a great restaurant and enjoyed awesome food…although, I did miss my Mom’s cooking!
The other night my family made a great dinner. My Uncle Art and cousin, Billy, are really into fishing and on Saturday morning they brought over a ton of Striped Bass that they had caught the day before. Nothing beats fresh fish! So, of course, we made an awesome dinner!
for the Striped Bass…
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season the fish with olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon (we kept it pretty plain, but you can add any seasonings you wish)
- Place fish on baking sheet and cook the fish until it is cooked all of the way through.
- *Towards the end of cooking, I sprinkled some bread crumbs on top of the fish and placed it under the broiler for a bit.
Along with the fish, we made delicious roasted veggies & baked sweet potatoes.
for the Roasted Veggies…
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Chop Veggies (Cauliflower, Brussel Sprouts, & Carrots)
- Toss chopped veggies with olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme, & garlic powder.
- Place in casserole dish and roast for around 45 minutes.
My Mom picked up some awesome rolls from Formica’s Bakery, too!
These rolls are the best…especially the cranberry-walnut!
This was a great dinner. I love when we get fresh fish from my uncle & cousin!