Last night for dinner, I made homemade pizza. Pizza is no doubt about it one of my favorite meals. It had been a while since I had made my own pizza so I was very excited. For the dough, I use Jenna’s recipe. She uses part whole-wheat and part white flour. It’s the best dough that I have tried thus far.
For the sauce, I make my own sauce. The recipe that I have posted on my blog is for pasta sauce. The only difference is that I will add Oregano for pizza sauce.
My favorite combination is Broccoli, Spinach, Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella, & Parmesan. So good…and in my mind, healthy!
So here is the process of making the pizza:
- Make the dough.
- Make the Sauce.
- Roll the dough out.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Place Pizza dough onto Pizza Stone dusted with corn meal in preheated oven.
- Cook for a few minutes & remove from oven.
- Place tomato sauce, cheese, and toppings of choice on dough.
- Place back into oven and cook until crispy! This does not take long at all…less than 10 minutes.