I was at Whole Food’s the other day and they were giving out free samples of their 30-Minute Buffalo Chili. I was so excited because I have always wanted to try buffalo. Now I finally had my chance. This was absolutely delicious! They had a recipe card, so I picked it up. Now I need to try making it for myself. Buffalo is one of the healthiest meats for you. In case you wanted to learn more about the health benefits of Buffalo, click here! I’ll share the recipe with you.
30 Minute Buffalo Chili
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb. Ground Buffalo
- 1 (28 oz.) can Whole Tomatoes with Basil
- 2 (15 oz) cans Organic Chili beans (seasoned)
- 1 (15 oz) can Organic Pinto beans
- 1 (15 oz) can Organic Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, do not drain
- 3 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Heat oil in a medium soup pot and saute the garlic, onions, and peppers for 2-3 minutes until soft and beginning to caramelize. Add buffalo and saute until brown. Add remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly, bring to a boil, cover, reduce the flame to medium-low and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately, or make a day ahead and reheat. Garnish with cheese, green onion, or sour cream as desired.